Technical Assistance Questions posted to this conference may be answered by other users and/or HAL Technical Support. You can also contact HAL Technical Support directly.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:41 AM   #1
Duckjones
Advanced Member II

Default Default Mic input

I got a Bluetooth dongle and headset and tried it out with HAL yesterday. Seems a bit sketchy, like the headset isn't able to go into standby while paired, it's either on or off, but that's not a HAL problem.

The problem that makes this a rather unfeasible solution for me is that I have a Logitech USB mic, which installs with no additional drivers, but the Voice Recording Device sets itself to some device named AK5730 instead of my normal SoundBlaster card. In HAL settings, when the Bluetooth device pairs, it sets the audio output and mic inputs automatically to the BT device, but when I disconnect it sets them both to the SoundBlaster device, and I then have to go in manually and change the mic input back to that oddball one, restart HAL, and then I can use the USB mic again.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this, and/or if it's possible to configure HAL to not direct the audio output to the Bluetooth headset when it's activated?
Duckjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
tremartin
Advanced Member

Default Re: Default Mic input

What ever happened to this idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckjones View Post
I got a Bluetooth dongle and headset and tried it out with HAL yesterday. Seems a bit sketchy, like the headset isn't able to go into standby while paired, it's either on or off, but that's not a HAL problem.

The problem that makes this a rather unfeasible solution for me is that I have a Logitech USB mic, which installs with no additional drivers, but the Voice Recording Device sets itself to some device named AK5730 instead of my normal SoundBlaster card. In HAL settings, when the Bluetooth device pairs, it sets the audio output and mic inputs automatically to the BT device, but when I disconnect it sets them both to the SoundBlaster device, and I then have to go in manually and change the mic input back to that oddball one, restart HAL, and then I can use the USB mic again.

Does anyone know of a workaround for this, and/or if it's possible to configure HAL to not direct the audio output to the Bluetooth headset when it's activated?

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

HAL2000 4.0.65

MyServant 5.0.132

INSTEON - 2 Keypad Lincs, 3 In-Line Lincs, 1 Timer, 7 Switches, 1 Appliance Linc, 3 Motion Sensors, 2414U, 2 Access Points
tremartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
JimMcGowanInlet
Super Moderator

Default Re: Default Mic input

HAL uses what ever sound card you specifiy in HAL setup for Voices and it uses the windows default sound card for the DMC. Im not sure what mechanism is changing HALs settings but that probably will not function. HAL binds with the sound card listed in Setup at boot time and it should stay that way until shutdown. I suggest you use a mic mixer, and loop the output of the mixer into the HAL sound card.
DISCLAIMER: Use my advice at your own risk. If you are not familiar with how to safely accomplish a task HIRE A PROFESSIONAL. Improper use/installation can cause damage to equipment, fire, electrical problems and in some cases death.
JimMcGowanInlet is offline   Reply With Quote