PDA

View Full Version : Unable to initialize Insteon adapter

stregone
07-19-2015, 01:24 PM
At one time I had the Insteon USB powerlinc installed until it quit working so I replaced it with my original HAL serial power line adapter. I have removed the 3 Insteon modules that I was using and deleted them from HAL.
Now every time HAL restarts I see the message "Unable to initialize Insteon adapter connected to COM port, HAL will be unable to communicate with this adapter. Please check the connection and/or setup of that adapter and restart HAL, Insteon services will be temporarily disabled."

Although all I have to do is click or and it seems to have no affect on running HAL, it has become quite a nuisance. Is there anyway I can let HAL know that device no longer exits so this message will stop popping up?

Running:
HAL Ultra version 6.0.39
Windows 7 Professional

dtomcat
07-19-2015, 11:40 PM
You probably still have it selected under system settings. open systems settings and then select insteon... and uncheck "Insteon Enabled"... should fix you up just nice :)

-Rob

stregone
08-15-2015, 07:58 PM
Thanks Rob, first I had to plug the module back into the USB port before I could even access the setting, but that did the trick.

john.cafagna
08-12-2018, 10:06 PM
My USB Insteon Modem just stopped being initialized by HAL at startup. This will be the third in three years that has failed. Anyone else have this problem or a solution to save me $80 per year? I reset the modem physically, I reinstalled it in Windows (I can see it in the device manager), HAL just can no longer initialize it... UGGH!

stregone
10-09-2018, 07:50 PM
According to others and personal experience, the USB Insteon Modem usually fails around a year after purchasing, I have too have purchased 3 in three years and finally gave up on ALL Insteon products all together. Went back to the old X-10 modules that I have had for over 20 years and they still have not failed me yet.

dlink
10-11-2018, 09:56 AM
I have also had problems with Insteon module failures and have decided to abandon Insteon.